This course is designed to educate and train Fire Wardens on understanding fires, the types of fires they may experience in the workplace and the best extinguisher to use in each scenario and also their role in the event of an emergency.
- Legislation/ Regulations
- The Chemistry of Fire
- How Fires spread
- Discussion on the various types of fire extinguishers, classes of fire and colour coding on extinguishers
- Discussions on the hazards of fire, fire prevention, good housekeeping and the care and co-operation of all concerned in the prevention of fire
- DVD shown on the role of the Fire Warden
- Discussions on the role Fire Wardens play in the event of an evacuation
- Written exam based on the course contents
- The set up of an actual fire and the practical & physical use of a fire extinguisher to extinguish that fire
Classroom tuition. Audio-visual presentation equipment. Training is designed to be interactive allowing individuals to become familiar, practice and demonstrate awareness with Fire Extinguishers.
Our fire training tray complete with lighting kit illustrates how a fire extinguisher can be used to safely and quickly stop a fire whilst staying in a controlled environment. When training individuals regarding fire safety it is often hard to highlight the seriousness of what can happen with fires as replicating them would create a fire safety hazard that you are trying to avoid.
Having such fire training tray available eliminates the worry of this as it means a real fire can be used to train people how to use extinguishers safely.
Certifications issued on completion.
Duration: 3.5 hours
Max number of delegates: 12 persons
For more information regarding training courses please get in touch.